Friday, 28 September 2012

Book Illustration.

In the next month or so, I'd like to approach a few Illustration Agencies about taking me on. But, looking over my Portfolio it's clear to me that there isn't enough serious (book) illustration work on there. So, between now and whenever I'm brave enough to contact an agency? :) I'm going to do a couple of book covers.

At this stage I'm planning on doing 3 and I'm think that they will be The Princess Bride, The Hobbit and The Northern Lights. As I go through these pieces, I'm going to try and show a bit of my working process and share any problems that I've faced (after all, I think thats what a blog should be about)

Please feel free to leave any comments or post any views on what you like and don't like.

As I'm setting myself this brief, I'm going to keep the focus and goal of each piece very simple.

Would these cover's, make the younger me (9-12ish) want to pick up these books? 

(*with the Princess Bride, I'm going from my experience with the film. As it's the only book stated, that I haven't read...yet!)

No comments: