Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Battle Of The Planet's

Been watching a fair bit of anime recently hence this bit of inking practise/fan art. Also the light blur's where sparked off by re-watching Akira. I had forgotten just how cool Akira is, it's been so long since I saw it.

What did I learn from this?

Well, I learnt, after I'd finished the inking that is, That I've been holding my brushes and pen brushes completely wrong. I've been letting my finger's do all the work and apparently you let your wrist do the work! I also noticed why a lot of people complain about certain paper's bleeding. Now I'm no expert, but I'd swear that the Canson board I was using was causing a slight bleed. Either that, or I'm even shitter that I thought with a brush in my hand. i think trying a piece of Strathmore 500 board (that arrived today) will give me my answer.

No comments: